Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Pink and The Purple, Part II

Happy New Year everyone!  I've been enjoying a little bit of quiet time after all of the Holiday Hoopla.  A little time to rest, and breathe, and contemplate what the new year might have in store for me.


You'll recall from my last post (here) that I was going to use my time off from work to make 2 custom baby quilts, one pink, one purple.  They're nearly done!

It's not like there's ever going to be a shortage of cute pink fabrics, right?  This is just a fun collection of prints pulled from my stash.










The ladybug fabric from the front is also on the back.











The purple quilt proved to be a little more problematic in terms of fabrics.  When I went to Joann's to look for a few bright nursery prints there was not a single one in purple.  And I felt that the fabrics I already had weren't lively enough for a baby quilt.







 A touch of lime green brightened things up nicely!  I think it was just the right touch!











On the back:  butterflies!

Both quilts are 36" square, and made of 36 6.5" blocks.

I just need to hand sew the bindings, and they'll be done!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the lady bug fabric for the backing of the top quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it at Joann's Rebecca. I don't see it on their website anymore, but you can always try Ebay or Etsy. Thanks for your question!

    ReplyDelete