Friday, February 28, 2014

Carson's Quilt

On my basting floor today:  a custom T shirt quilt

This is being commissioned by my new friend Jeanne, who contacted me through one of my quilt guild friends.

It's for her son, Carson, and his favorite colors are bright blues and greens.







I tried to keep the fabric choices appropriate for him, keeping in mind that he's a grown man (in his mid-20s), and not a little kid.










It's a large quilt, about 75 x 90, large enough for a double size bed.

The block layout was as follows:  all blocks whether pieced or all T shirt are 15" finished, then I just pieced together random strips for the sashing between the rows.






A single piece of 110" wide fabric in bright turquoise is on the back.

Now onto the quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment