Friday, April 18, 2014

Keep Living Until You're Alive Again

^  This quote is my new mantra while I climb what feels like a mountain of grief (see this post).

It's all about coping, and adjusting to a vastly different life than the one I had.  This new life will be fine. I know it will be.  I just need to adjust to The New Normal, and this adjustment will take as long as it takes.

In the meantime, I have so many blessings in my life to focus on.  Like quilting!
 

It's probably not a coincidence that I've had the urge to make something cute and cuddly and full of novelty prints.










 Woof.

It's a dog quilt!










More of the red and black paw print will be the borders, and the black and white polka dot will be the binding.

The squares are 5" unfinished, and I'll probably cut the borders the same width as the squares, making this a small lap quilt or maybe a toddler-size bed quilt.





   Is that the perfect backing fabric, or what?












Cat lovers:  please note that The Quilting Violinist is an Equal Opportunity Employer!  While I was waiting at the cutting counter at Joann's yesterday, I saw this Accuquilt die on sale and it went into my shopping cart with the dog fabric.  So a cat project is also in my future.

3 comments:

  1. New futures are scary but we need to look forwards, not backwards. I keep trying to tell myself this and I haven't quite got there yet but I hope you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll both keep trying and we'll both get there one way or another M.a.C! And we'll remind each other to keep looking forwards, it's great advice!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, I'm a friendly lurker who really enjoys your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated your blog for a Versatile Blogger Award. To find out more see here http://theerlangenexpat.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/versatile-blogger-award/. This award is a way for bloggers to show appreciation to other bloggers, and it's a personal kick up the bum to me to make sure I show my personal appreciation for you and your blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete