Saturday, September 5, 2015

Here Comes Autumn

Incredibly, it's September.  Time to start thinking about cooler temperatures, brisk breezes, bright autumn foliage.

Well, maybe not.  Autumn is still a few weeks away here in hot and humid Florida.

What I do know is that my long, long summer off from orchestra work is coming to a close in a couple of weeks, so it's time to address all of the things I Was Supposed To Do.  So despite stifling temperatures, Here Comes Autumn, ready or not.

It's really my favorite time of year for seasonal sewing.


Here's a table runner and placemat set made out of the "Autumn Medley" collection by Martha Negley.  I'm not sure this fabric is being produced anymore, although you can still find it on Ebay and Etsy.










And here's the latest version of the Autumn Leaf runner:




This style runner has been a strong seller in my Etsy store for years.  I love making them!  I use the Autumn  Accuquilt Go die for the leaves and pumpkin.









I fuse the shapes to the background fabric, then go around the edges with a narrow zig zag stitch. Then the whole thing gets basted and quilted.

For more details on these items, check out my Etsy store here.



No comments:

Post a Comment