Thursday, April 21, 2016

One Quilt Top Done

You might recall from this post that I'm working on 2 custom memory quilts for twin girls.  The girls are 7 now, and their mom brought me a bunch of their baby and toddler clothes to be made into quilts.

This first top is done!

The recipient of this quilt loves animals (particularly aquatic ones) and her favorite color is pink.

















I saw this fabric and simply had to include it in this quilt.  It couldn't be more perfect for this project!

It's called "Mermaid Play" from the Out to Sea collection from Michael Miller fabrics.














That whale was appliqued on a dress, so I cut it off and reapplied it to pink whale fabric ("Tossed Whales" from Timeless Treasures )

















Next I will start on her sister's quilt!


1 comment:

  1. What a pretty quilt! You are so creative. I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete